What is an eBook?
An ebook, (short for electronic book), is a book published in electronic format.
Like normal books, an e-book can include text and illustrations. For the most part, anything you can put in a regular book you can add to an e-book. In addition to text and illustrations, you can also include audio, video, and Internet links within your e-book. The final product is limited only by the imagination of the writer.
What is an ebook? – Text!
Like a written book, an eBook can consist primarily of text. You can create fiction, non-fiction, romance, or really any category the author wants. You can create a 300-page novel or a 20-page short story. It can be a comprehensive training manual on how to flatten your stomach or just a 5 page report on specific exercises to lose your midsection.
In March 2000, Stephen King published his novel “Riding the Bullet” and published it exclusively as an e-book. This helped to attract the attention and popularity of e-books throughout the Internet community. You may not be the next Stephen King, but you certainly have the ability to create your own e-book.
What is an ebook? – Illustrations!
According to Wikipedia, an illustration is a visualization such as a drawing, painting, photograph, or other work of art that emphasizes the subject more than the form. When it comes to e-books, you can create or read content predominantly made up of illustrations.
• Drawings – There are endless e-books related to drawings. For example; drawings of people, animals, cartoons, construction drawings, medical drawings and the list goes on and on. You can even create “how to draw” e-books.
• Paintings: Like drawings, there seems to be an endless list of e-books on paintings, paintings of famous people, famous places, nature, portraits and the list goes on. There are also “how to paint” e-books.
• Photos: you can create an e-book with mainly photos. For example; you can create your own personalized photo album. It can be a family photo album, favorite animals, vacation spots, whatever interests you. If you can take a photo of it, you can see it in an e-book.
What is an ebook? – Audio and video!
• Audio: When creating e-books, you can even include audio. It can include background noises or a full speech presentation. Actually your entire ‘e-book’ can be audio and then downloaded so you can listen to your e-book.
• Video: Yes, you can even include videos in e-books. You can create a complete course using video and then download it within an e-book. You can create your own video e-book for business or just for fun.
What is an ebook? – Internet links!
Within an e-book you can have links to a particular website. So you can read your book, click a link, and end up on the internet. For example, if you are reading an e-book on homeschooling, you can click a link that takes you to a homeschooling website for additional information.
What is an ebook? – Resume
An eBook is a digital product created on a computer and distributed to others primarily through the Internet. It can have cover, title, chapters and pages. Your eBook can consist of text, illustrations, audio, video, and website links. E-books can be very simple and straightforward text or extremely dynamic and fully interactive with the Internet.